Site preparation is one of the preliminary works to be done for starting construction works. The selected construction site preparation need to be completed properly before the start of construction process.
The following factors are considered for the construction site preparation.
- The first step of site preparation work is to remove all the scrubs or jungle if there exists any on the site for building construction.
- The whole area will be roughly leveled.
- The holes of the construction site will be filled with sands or rammed earth and leveled off as required or redirected by the authority.
- As a part of site preparation, the trees will be cut off and their roots are totally uprooted as directed by the authority.
- Before starting the work, permanent bench marks must be established at a suitable point in the construction site.
- The orientation and trench lines of the building should be correctly laid out in the construction site and the location for the storage and stacking of the materials should be definitely set on the ground in the site.
- Site preparation also includes fixing position of the site office, go downs, the guard and the labor shed, the access and existing roads for trucks and carts etc.
Construction Site Preparation: Thing’s We Need
For site preparation work, we need to have certain instruments to do it properly. The must have things that we need includes the following.
- Fencing material or boards according to size of site
- Company placard
- Health and Safety signs
- Screws and screwdriver
- Shears, axes and shovels
- Heavy machinery if buildings have to be removed
During construction site preparation, boundary line pillars are also to be fixed on the ground or as directed by the authority. All of these will help you to prepare a site for starting the construction process.