Milestone chart is a modification over the original Gantt chart. Small notes on milestone charts are given below.
- Controlling can be easily done and inter relationships between other similar activities can be easily established.
- These points are those that can be easily identified over the main bar.
- Milestones are key events of a main activity represented by a bar.
- These specific points in time that mark the completion of certain portions of the main activity.
- If the activity is broken or sub divided into a number of sub-activities, each one of which can be easily recognized during the progress of the project.
- The beginning and end of these sub-divided activities or tasks are termed as milestones.