Why to do Building Planning? Planning in construction is the first thing to do. Proper orientation, healthy, beautiful, economical etc are our targets to achieve by planning building construction or any other construction work.
Principles of Building Planning
When we first start to plan a new building construction work to begin we definitely need to remember some basic principles of building planning. Some of the basic principles of planning of a building construction are given below.
- An engineer or architect should prepare the building plan according to the demand, economic status & taste of the owner and also the purpose of the building is to be built whether residential, commercial etc.
- The design of the building should be compatible with the surrounding structures & the weather.
- Sufficient air and sunlight should be allowed to the building for healthy building environment.
- Privacy must be maintained especially in residential building planning.
- Proper security system should be introduced for safety and reliability.
- Fire safety alarm and fire fighting materials should be provided within the range of the inhabitants of the proposed building structure.
- The value of the structure should be maintained in building plans.
- Follow the associated building codes closely for proper building construction. Example: Civil Engineering Codes.
Some important factors to consider for building planning are as follows.
- Furniture requirements
- Practical considerations.
4 thoughts on “Some Basic Principles of Building Planning”
my name is miss. Elu Ahirwar from bhopal.
i m lucky. my study is diploma civil engg. pcrt collage. i love this civil branch….
Hi Elu, i really appreciate that you are loving what you are studying. Keep it up and also be focused on the practical civil engineering applications.
Hi, please keep me posted on new development and innovations
what is tha civil